I don’t know about you, but when I was a child, I used to love snow cones. Don’t get me wrong, I still do. My only problem was that my mother wouldn’t allow me to eat as much as I wanted. In hot summer days, just one snow cone wouldn’t do. I couldn’t eat it too fast, so a lot of it would go to waste.
Now that I am a grown-up, I tend to understand my mother. I can see why she didn’t give in to my begging. But that doesn’t mean I don’t eat two or three snow cones at once. It’s one of my favorite childhood desserts. That is why I bought myself a snow cone machine. Now I can eat snow cones even in the winter, and I don’t have to pay for it each time. After all, there is always ice in the freezer.
The benefits of a snow cone maker
It may not seem like such a big deal to many, but when you have a favorite something, you must have it. A snow cone maker is a simple machine, but it makes a lot of people happy, both children and adults.
- You can have a snow cone whenever you want. It doesn’t matter that it’s winter. Snow cones vendors only open their businesses in the summer, when they know they have a lot of clients. It’s totally understandable, but I, for example, eat them in the winter too. And you know how is to crave something really bad, don’t you? You can’t just replace it with something It wouldn’t be as satisfactory. You still feel that void.
- It’s cheaper than buying from vendors. If you have a few kids, then buying snow cones for everybody each day can cost you. But if you purchase a snow cone makers, you are going to cover the investment in a few weeks. There is always ice in the freezer and the syrup you can do it yourself most of the times. It’s not a complicated
- You will always know what’s in the snow cone. I don’t mean the ice. Ice is just water. However, some people don’t trust vendors to use high-quality syrups. The good news is that you can make your own syrup from all natural products. You can use fresh fruit and no preservatives. It may not matter that much to you, but some individuals value this aspect a great deal.
- You can make as much as you want. You don’t have to limit yourself to a few snow cones. I, for one, never limit myself to just one snow cone. They are not very big, and in the summer is one of the few things that cool you down. It’s not a bad thing, most of it is just water if you think about it. If you eat ice cream instead, then you may have a sugar intake that can affect your body in a negative way. But ice cream cones are irrelevant from that point of view.
- Your snow cone maker will be a major hit on one of your children’s birthday or sleepover. Kids love it, so if you have one, they will want nothing else. It’s like the other children hear that your kid will have a bouncy house. They will all come swarming.
- A snow cone machine can be used not only for making snow cones but slushies, lemonade, and frozen cocktails for adults as well. If your kid loves snow cones, but you don’t, you can always use the machine to make something for yourself too. I haven’t met any adult who doesn’t like cocktails so far.
What to look for when buying a snow cone maker
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to see so many snow cone machines on the market. I love snow cones, but not many adults do, so I was surprised to see that that there are hundreds of models. However, that makes someone’s task of choosing one a lot more complicated than at first glance. When there are so many, it can be confusing which one to go for. That is why the best strategy is to determine a few criteria you want and take it from there. Here is what matters the most.
- Capacity – there is no point in making too much shaved ice if you are buying a snow cone maker just for yourself. It will eventually melt, and you will be spending more time cleaning up than actually enjoying a snow cone. If you have a big family, however, the bigger, the better. Some models can make enough ice for 4oR 5 cones, while other can make for as much as 8 snow cones.
- The quality of the blades – ice is not exactly the softest thing in the world. Yes, it breaks easily, but it’s still hard enough to ruin poorly made blades. I recommend that you buy a model that comes with stainless steel blades. This material is durable; it will not lose its sharpness anytime soon, and given the fact that they will be wet most of the times, it’s important that rust doesn’t set in. Few materials can provide this combo.
- Speed – since it’s ice we’re talking about, time is of the essence, especially if it’s summer time. Choose a model that can make about three or four snow cones in about 30 seconds. You don’t want all the shaved ice to melt by the time the machine is done, do you?
- Extra features – people never say no to extra features. Look for products that have as many as possible. For example, there are models that come with the plastic cups, and they even have a cone holder. Safety features arevery important as well. The stainless steel blades are very sharp. If they can turn ice into snow, then they will definitely turn your fingers into mush. Safety switches are the best choice. More so if you let your children operate the machine
- Design is less important, but some models are perfect for the counter top. They look very nice in any kitchen, and they will be admired by anyone who comes in.
What are the best snow cone makers?
There are a few models out there that meet all the criteria I mentioned above. They are more than affordable, in my opinion, and they will surely satisfy your needs and bring a lot of joy to your children. If you are having a hard time making a choice, here are a few of those models.
Nostalgia SCM502 Vintage Collection Snow Cone Maker
This must be the cutest snow cone maker I have ever seen. It’s like a street vendor’s snow cone maker, with wheels and everything, except that it’s in miniature. It’s going to look very nice on the countertop of your kitchen.
The capacity of this snow cone maker is pretty satisfactory. You can shave ice for approximately 20 snow cones, each weighing around 8 ounces. The plastic cones are included in the package. As long as you clean and store themproperly, you should be able to use them for a very long time. The package also includes the ice scoop.
The blades are made of durable stainless steel. You have to be very careful with them not to cut yourself. Children should be supervised when they are using the machine. But just in case, there is a built-in safety switch. The blades will not spin unless you place the lid correctly. Speaking about safety, all the plastic that touches the ice is BPA free, so there are no health threats.
What I love about this snow cone maker is that the machine comes with a shelf that can hold two snow cones at once. That way you are going to have an easy time handling them. Also, the shaved ice container keeps the ice at a cold temperature so it wouldn’t melt very quickly. This feature comes in handy if you are not serving the snow cones right away.
Overall, the Nostalgia snow cone maker is an excellent product. It’s made of high-quality materials, it does a great job, and it looks fabulous in any kitchen. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Cuisinart SCM-10 Snow Cone Maker
The Cuisinart Snow Cone Maker may not be so good-looking as the previous model, but it’s still very pleasant to look at. Put this on your countertop, and it will brighten the entire kitchen. It’s a little bit smaller than the Nostalgia model, but it will satisfy the need of a family with kids. Speaking of, this design is so easy to use, that even your children can operate it.
You can make shaved ice for the tasty snow cones, but you can also use the ice for slushies, lemonades, cocktails, or other frozen drinks. It’s not meant to bring joy to children only. Once the kids go to bed, you can silently enjoy a glass of Russian caipiroska in a hot summer evening.
You can put regular ice cubes from the freezer. It doesn’t matter the shape. Just in case they are too big, you can smash them a bit. You can use all kinds of juices and syrups. You’ll even receive a set of recipes so you can make your own syrups. The Cuisinart is very easy to assemble and use. There is just one switch that you engage when you want to shave the ice. Because it’s so small and lightweight, you can move it to backyard if you are having a party.
The whole process will not last very long. It can make ice for 4 or 5 cones in less than a minute. After it’s done, all you have to do is pull the tray and scoop out the ice. The snow maker even comes with 4 cone holders, 2 on each side, for an easy handling. Also, every single part that comes in contact with the ice is BPA free. It doesn’t represent a health hazard, neither for you or your children. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Waring Pro SCM100 Professional Snow Cone Maker
The Waring snow cone maker looks just as cute as the other two. It comes in a bright red color and will look fabulous at any party. Children will be crazy about it. Snow cones are one of the favorite desserts in the summer time. Not to mention that you can control the amount of sugar you can serve to your kids, unlike with ice creams.
This snow cone maker comes with a professional single-speed motor and blade mechanism. The blades are made of stainless steel that will shred the ice in a matter of seconds. The durability of the blades will ensure a long lasting lifespan for the machine. You can make enough shaved ice for 5 snow cones in less than 30 seconds. If you like your ice a little more powdery, you can leave it for a few seconds more. The machine will take up to 12 ice cubes, but you don’t have to put in that many.
Once the machine finished shaving the ice, you just pull out the serving tray and place the ice in the cups. The fact that the tray is removable will help a great deal with cleaning. The machine also features a fold down double cone holder. Handling is very easy because of that. The package included the snow maker, 12 paper cones, and 4 BPA-free reusable plastic cups. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
All three products are high-quality and will do their jobs properly. They all have a sturdy construction and stainless steel blades, but the Nostalgia model has the prettiest design. It’s as it was specially designed for children’s parties, which is why I think that it is one of the best snow cone makers on the market.
There is nothing wrong with indulging yourself in the pleasures of childhood. Eating a snow cone makes me remember of all kinds of things from my own childhood, and it gives me a nice feeling. Plus, there is nothing more that your children will like in the summer other than a snow cone maker. It’s quite affordable, but you cannot put a price on their smile and joy. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Snow Cone Machine for Sale Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- One Easy Trick for Best Snow Cone Machine Revealed
- The Fundamentals of Ice Cone Maker Revealed
- What You Need to Know About Commercial Snow Cone Machine
- An Honest View of Sno Cone Maker
- The 5-Minute Rule for Ice Cone Machine
- The Ideal Strategy for Ice Shaver
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Shaved Ice Machine
- Vital Pieces of Snow Cone Syrup
- Sno Cone Machine – a Brief Outline
- Top Snow Cone Machine Choices
- Snoopy Snow Cone Machine Reviews & Tips
- What Absolutely Everybody Is Saying About Snow Cone Maker
- A Guide to Used Snow Cone Machine
- Cone Maker – a Short Introduction
- Sno Kone Machine at a Glance
- Kids Snow Cone Machine Features
- The Birth of Ice Shaving Machine
- Possible Danger Signs on Shaved Ice Maker You Need to Know About
- The Sole Strategy You Should Be Using for Snow Cone Ice Machine Uncovered
- Snow Cone Machine Rental near Me Tips & Guide
- Top Guide of Kids Snow Cone Maker
- Key Pieces of Hawaiian Shaved Ice Machine
- Get the Scoop on Snowball Machine Before You’re Too Late
- Know What an Old Pro is Saying About Snow Cone Machine for Kids
- Frozen Snow Cone Maker Reviews & Guide
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Snoopy Snow Cone Maker?
- Introducing Snow Cone Cups
- The Advantages of Cheap Snow Cone Machine
- The Definitive Solution for Olaf Snow Cone Maker
- Snow Maker Machine for Dummies
- The Forbidden Truth About Snow Cone Machine Rental Uncovered by an Expert
- The Little-Known Secrets to Snow Cones Machine
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Nostalgia Snow Cone Maker Before You’re Left Behind
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Ice Shaver Machine